Butterscotch cake is one of the most famous cakes that is enjoyed by everyone. The sweet cake is used to greet during birthday, anniversary, New Year, etc. Apart from ordering online, you can also make this cake in your own kitchen. The easy recipe of the butterscotch cake is stated below.
Read it and make your own butterscotch cake to impress your loved ones.
Ingredients for Butterscotch Cake
- All-purpose flour- 325 gms or two and a half cups
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Butterscotch instant pudding mix- 3.4 oz or 96 gms
- Unsalted butter (room temperature)- 168 gms or 3/4th cup
- Light brown sugar- 337 gms or one and a half cups
- Milk- 300 ml or one and 1/4th cup
- Eggs- 4
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 3 tsp
Ingredients for Butterscotch Frosting
- Milk or Cream- 120 ml or ½ cup
- Unsalted butter (room temperature)- 280 gms or One and 1/4th cups
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Powdered sugar- 719 gms or 6 an 1/4th cups
- Melted butterscotch chips- 11 oz or 311 gms
- Butterscotch chips- 12 oz for decoration
How to make a butterscotch cake?
- First of all, prepare three cake pans of 8 inches and place parchment paper at the bottom. Grease the sides and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius
- Now take a large bowl and mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pudding mix.
- Add vegetable oil, butter, and brown sugar and beat them together nicely for 3-4 minutes. There will be light brownish colour and the texture would be creamy.
- Now, add one egg at a time and give a nice mix every time. Follow that with vanilla extract. The mixture will become smoother.
- Now add half the amount of the dry ingredients in this wet mixture and combine well.
- Add milk along with the remaining half amount of dry ingredients and mix all until well combined.
- Now divide the batter evenly into three cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. You can also check the cake with a toothpick.
- Once the cakes are baked, take them out from the oven and let them cool completely.
- While the cake cools, you can proceed with the cake frosting.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add butter. Beat the butter until smooth.
- Add melted butterscotch chips and mix them well.
- Now add half of the powdered sugar, salt, and cream/milk and mix until well combined.
- Now take one cake and spread 1 cup of frosting into an even layer atop the cake.
- Take the second cake and place it on the first cake and follow the same procedure.
- Use the remaining frosting to cover the cake and use butterscotch chips into the sides of the cake.
- Chill it for at least 2 hours before serving.