Who doesn’t like a delicious dessert which melts in the mouth instantly? If we’re talking about something sweet, something delicious, something soft, and something worth cheating your diet, it has to be cheesecake.
A classic cheesecake consists of one or more layers, where the thickest layer consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese, eggs, and sugar. Whereas, the bottom layer or the curst is usually made from crushed cookies or graham. The cheesecake itself is delicious, and you can add your favourite flavours to it. If we are talking about favourite flavours, mine is blueberry.
I remember baking blueberry cheesecake with my cousin, every time she visited in summer vacations. It is time to pass on our wisdom, so other people can make beautiful memories with delicious blueberry cheesecake, just like we did.
Here is the easy blueberry cheesecake recipe we used:
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Hours 30 Minutes
For Blueberry Puree-
- 2 cups of blueberry
- 2 table spoon granulated sugar
- 2 tea spoon lemon juice
For The Cheese Cake-
- 4 blocks of cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 table spoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4th cup of sour cream
- 2 table spoon of all-purpose flour
- 1/4th tea spoon of kosher salt/ kitchen salt
- 1 cup blueberry puree
For The Crust-
- 9 finely curshed graham crackers
- 6 table spoon of melted butter
- 1/4th cup of granulated sugar
Also Read: How To Make Fruit Tart At Home Easily?
- After gathering all the ingredients in one place, preheat the oven to 325° i.e., 165 degrees C, and leave it until firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, take the blueberries, and blend them until there are no large chunks are remaining.
- Pour the blueberry puree in a saucepan, add sugar and lemon juice to it. Heat all the ingredients on medium. Once it comes to its boiling point, reduce the heat and let it settle for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring it. Once you are done, let it cool to room temperature.
- Next step is to make the crust. Take a large bowl and mix graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar until the texture resembles to wet sand. Press it into the bottom and up sides of an 8″ or 9″ springform pan. Leave your crust to dry, and move on to make the cheesecake.
- Take another large bowl and add the following ingredients to it- cheese cream, and sugar. Beat these ingredients together with a hand mixer until there are no lumps remaining.
- Now add eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream, and stir the mixture. After that add flour, & salt and beat the entire thing until just combined. Fold the mixture in the blueberry puree.
- Now take the crust you prepared, pour the cheesecake mixture over it, wrapping the bottom of the pan in aluminium foil. Place it in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water in the roasting pan, so it comes halfway up to the baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven, and bake until the centre of the cheesecake jiggles slightly, which would take about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Once the baking of the cheesecake is done, turn off the heat and leave the door of the oven open for about an hour, allowing the cheesecake to cool.
- Once it is cool, remove the foil, and refrigerate the cheesecake for about 5 hours or until completely chilled. You can refrigerate the cheesecake overnight as well.
- When it is ready, top the cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh blueberries.
- Your blueberry cheesecake is ready to serve!
The recipe sure takes time, but is easy. Enjoy your cheesecake!